The Scag Turf Tiger™
There is no competition.
Since its original introduction in 1998, the Turf Tiger™ has been in a class by itself. There is no competition. Period.
The Scag Turf Tiger can cover major grass with ground speeds up to 12mph (10mph on some models) and large 10+ gallon fuel tank. The simple, trouble-free shaft drive cutter deck means minimum maintenance requirements and a wide range of cutting heights. The double tube steel main frame gives the mower incredible strength and durability.
From the heavy-duty, Tri-Plate Velocity Plus™ cutter decks, to the various high-power, fuel efficient engine options like the fuel injected Kawasaki or Kohler EFI, the Caterpillar diesel, propane, or massive 35hp Big Block models, there's a Tiger that will increase your productivity and send your competition running for cover!
Contact your local Scag dealer for a field demonstration today and see for yourself how the Scag Turf Tiger stands in a class by itself, above the competition.
Alternative fuel Turf Tiger models are also available.
- 52", 61" or 72" Velocity Plus cutter deck
- Engine options ranging from 27hp to 35hp
- 16cc Heavy-duty hydraulic drive pumps
- Up to 12 MPH ground speed for more productivity
- Command Comfort Operating Station
- Aluminized exhaust system
- Foot pedal cutter deck lift system
- 8.5 gallon fuel tank (11 gal. on CAT diesel)
- Up to 350 ft. lb. PTO Clutch Brake
- Double-tube steel main frame
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles
- Operator friendly instrument panel
- Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual 16cc Hydro-Gear pumps, and Hydro-Gear (27hp and FD750D models) or Ross wheel motors (diesel, FD791 and larger gas models) for reliable, Zero Turn maneuverability. Hydro-Gear 16cc hydraulic pumps provide smooth, positive and reliable power to the drive wheels. Extra large input bearing, input shaft and internal components add to reliability and performance. Built-in pressure relief valves reduce internal pressure spikes and add to pump life. Diesel and larger horsepower gas models feature a cooling fan mounted directly to the pumps providing additional cooling for added pump life.
- Auxiliary hydraulic oil coolers keep oil temperatures within a safe operating level and adds to hydraulic system component life.
- Up to 12 MPH (most models) or 10.5 MPH (27CH and 750KA models) forward speeds and 5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
- Driveshaft driven cutter deck eliminates belt slip and provides increased reliability and longevity compared to a belt drive system.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle easily handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful mower. Three year limited warranty.
- Choose a 52", 61" or 72" Velocity Plus™ cutter deck. Match that with a 27hp Kohler Command or a Kawasaki FD750D, 31hp Kohler Aegis EFI engine; 29hp Kohler EFI fuel injected engine, FD791D DFI liquid-cooled Kawasaki engine; 35hp Briggs Vanguard air-cooled V-twin engine; or CAT 28hp diesel engine.
- The Kawasaki FD791D DFI (digital fuel injection), the 29hp Kohler EFI (electronic fuel injection), 31hp Kohler Aegis EFI (electronic fuel injection) are both incredibly powerful and efficient powerhouses. These engines will start easier and are more fuel efficient than carbureted models, reducing overall operating cost.
- The CAT 28hp 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled diesel engine is a perfect compliment to the Turf Tiger. This dependable unit delivers amazing power from an ultra-compact package size. Cutting-edge technology also ensures that the CAT diesel is clean and quiet running. Scag's proven rubber iso-mounting system minimizes vibration from the engine for maximum operator comfort.
- Single fuel tank, 8.5 gallon capacity (11 gal. on CAT diesel) keeps you in the field cutting grass.Fuel tank is positioned low, in the center of the machine, enhancing the mower's low center-of-gravity and giving it excellent hillside stability. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long.
- Double tube steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design is much stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. The main frame was designed for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
- The Ogura GT3.5 PTO Clutch Brake delivers 250 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. A GT5 model with 350 ft. lbs. of torque is used with the 35hp Briggs Vanguard engines. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life.
- Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on all Turf Tigers. This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life. Kohler engines feature removable access panels for easy cleaning of the cooling fins.
- Engine radiator is mounted in front of the engine, as the engine manufacturer intended. Having the radiator positioned behind the seat offers extra protection against impacts and foreign material. Hydraulic oil cooler is also mounted in front of the radiator for maximum airflow and heat dissipation.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 6" in 1/4" increments (21 different cutting height settings).
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Command-Comfort Operator's Station provides unmatched fatigue-fighting comfort (diesel, and 29hp & larger gas models). Quick-Fit control levers, torsion spring suspension seat, and 3-position deck lift foot pedal combine to provide unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics.
- Quick-Fit steering control levers with dual gas-charged dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering levers are adjustable (without tools) to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing operator comfort.
- Suspension seat with cushioned armrests is adjustable to individual operator weights for increased support and reduced operator fatigue (standard on diesel, FD791 and 29hp+ gas models). High-back Soft-Ride seat standard on 27hp and FD750D models; Suspension seat optional.
- Convenient cup holder keeps beverage securely in place and within easy reach.
- Extra large 24 inch drive tires and up to 13 x 6 – 6 caster wheels ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- No plastic pulleys – Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, water temperature gauge (liquid-cooled engines only), separate choke and throttle controls. The hour meter is conveniently located at the rear of mower near the engine.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear access panel exposes self adjusting PTO, and hydraulic pump drive belts.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience.
- Digital SmartSense hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed.
- There are many, time saving, money making accessories for the Turf Tiger like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, spindle driven grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
|STT52V-27CH||52" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 27hp Kohler air-cooled engine|
|STT52V-29CH-EFI||52" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 29hp Kohler EFI fuel injected, air-cooled engine|
|STT61V-27CH||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 27hp Kohler air-cooled engine|
|STT61V-750KA||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, FD750D Kawasaki liquid-cooled engine|
|STT61V-28CAT||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 28hp CAT liquid-cooled diesel engine|
|STT61V-29CH-EFI||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 29hp Kohler EFI fuel injected, air-cooled engine|
|STT61V-791DFI||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, FD791 Kawasaki liquid-cooled engine, fuel-injected|
|STT61V-31EFI||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 31hp Kohler Aegis liquid-cooled engine, fuel-injected|
|STT61V-35BVAC||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 35hp Briggs-Vanguard air-cooled engine|
|STT72V-29CH-EFI||72" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 29hp Kohler EFI fuel injected, air-cooled engine|
|STT72V-28CAT||72" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 28hp CAT liquid-cooled diesel engine|
|STT72A-791DFI||72" Advantage Cutter Deck, FD791D Kawasaki liquid-cooled engine, fuel-injected|
|STT72A-35BVAC||72" Advantage Cutter Deck, 35hp Briggs-Vanguard air-cooled engine|